Hadar is a growing intellectual and spiritual initiative for people who want a meaningful Jewish life, serious Jewish study, and engaging Jewish community that empowers Jews to create and sustain vibrant, practicing, egalitarian communities of Torah, Avodah, and Hesed.
Hadar’s voice, deeply rooted in Jewish texts and traditions, offers a creative response to contemporary questions and challenges. Hadar is a leader in the field of Jewish education and community building, engaging diverse populations in serious Jewish learning with curiosity, creativity and conviction.
Part-Time Operations Associate
Hadar seeks a part-time Operations Associate for the Pedagogy of Partnership (PoP). The Operations Associate will report to the Operations and Communications Manager and support PoP’s growing work in the Jewish education sector. This person will need to have the ability to work in a fast-paced multi-project organization. PoP is looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and computer skills, who is highly organized, a self initiator, and collaborative. This is a 20- hours a week position, preferably based in Boston or New York or ability to work eastern time zone business hours.
About Pedagogy of Partnership
Pedagogy of Partnership is a comprehensive Jewish educational model that supports educators to bring Torah to the next generation. Rooted in Jewish values and practices, PoP enables learners of all ages to develop the habits of wonder, empathy, and responsibility toward others and Torah. PoP conducts professional development workshops, coaching, a fellowship program for a growing network of schools, and provides ready-to-use materials for educators, leaders, and families. PoP is powered by the Hadar Institute.
- Create and maintain forms, calendars, and contact list
- Virtual office upkeep and growth (supplies, software, back up)
- Provide support for set up, implementation and follow up of intensive and one-shot programs (along with Operations Manager)
- Implement mailings
- Database management and upkeep
- Support tech operations, including website upkeep, Zoom assistance for programs, and maintaining the PoP video library
- Provide day-to-day assistance for the PoP team and coaches
- Experience working in a fast-paced, virtual “office” environment
- Experience working with GSuite (Gmail, Forms, Google Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Sites, Contact management)
- Experience with Zoom Professional
- Adept at calendar management, scheduling, and email management
- Experience with low-level bookkeeping preferred
- Highly organized, self-sufficient, and ability to multitask with attention to detail
The salary range for this position is from $20,000-25,000 with a required 20-hour/ week commitment. Benefits: Paid Time Off.
Please apply by submitting an application through this form:
Hadar is seeking a full-time Yeshiva Operations and Recruitment Coordinator to manage the logistical needs of our New York City based Yeshiva programming, including support for admissions and recruitment, and assisting the Rashei Yeshiva.
The ideal candidate is self-driven, flexible, results-oriented and excels at multitasking. This person will be energized by a fast-paced environment and able to manage simultaneous projects. The Yeshiva Operations and Recruitment Coordinator should enjoy event management, working with people, and be an enthusiastic professional able to build relationships with internal and external constituents. The appropriate candidate is excited to work in a vibrant and enthusiastic Jewish educational organization. This position is an opportunity to create real change in the Jewish world by advancing Hadar’s mission through our Yeshiva.
The Yeshiva Operations and Recruitment Coordinator is based in New York City and reports to our Director of Operations.
This position is responsible for anticipating, coordinating, and executing all recruitment, operations and logistical needs of Hadar’s Yeshiva programming, and assisting the Rosh Yeshiva:
- Oversee Recruitment and Admissions for Yeshiva Programs
- Coordinating all logistics of recruitment visits
- Initial point of contact for prospective and admitted students
- Managing the interview and admission process including scheduling interviews and communicating with students
- Provide admin support for yeshiva in-person and virtual programming throughout design, implementation and review
- Liaising with Hadar’s Program Operations Associate to ensure smooth operations of all programs held in the Yeshiva and working with the program team to plan for all space and supply needs
- Ensure the day-to-day operational success of Yeshivat Hadar classes
- Meeting facilities, food, and supplies needs
- Managing student resources, information, and Toranut (chore rotation)
- Managing all building and facilities needs including room set-up and managing orders and deliveries (involves regularly arranging wall partitions, tables, chairs and regularly lifting packages weighing up to 30lbs.) and ensuring organization of the space
- This position will occasionally require working evenings and weekends with compensatory time to account for this
- Directly manage communications of Rosh Yeshiva (email, meetings, phone calls, etc), both internal and external
- Schedule and ensure follow up for Rosh Yeshiva’s responsibilities, appointments, and deadlines with an eye for big picture efficiency
- Serve as support in preparing materials for lectures and classes
- Organize travel arrangements for out of town speaking engagements or meetings
- Additional tasks as required
We’re seeking candidates who excel in problem solving, are results-oriented, and have strong project management skills. You should have:
- A commitment to meeting a high bar and getting things done with a focus on results (rather than getting immersed in the process)
- Self motivation; Flexible and excited about thinking on your feet and anticipating needs
- The ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Ability to handle sensitive material while maintaining confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Google suite
- Familiarity with Google Suite and Microsoft Office
The Hadar Institute offers its employees a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental and Vision Care Benefits, Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance, Long-Term Care Insurance, and much more.
- Paid Holidays, both Jewish and legal
- Paid Personal Time
- Paid Sick Time
- Leaves of Absence
The salary range for this position is from $50,000 - $55,000.
Please apply by submitting an application through this form: